Missionary Baptist Church
Join us for Worship
1234 West 63rd Street, Chicago, Illinois 60636
Phone: (773) 216-6230
What We Believe – Our Statement of Faith
We believe in the essential truths of the historic orthodox (biblical) Christian faith. These truths include:
• We believe that all men are sinners and fall short of the glory of God
• We believe that salvation from sin, death, and God's wrath is the comforting free
gift of God, given by grace through a living faith (Ephesians 2:8-9, James 2:14
17) in Jesus Christ (John 14:6).
• We believe in the Trinity—one God eternally existent in three persons: Father,
Son, and Holy Spirit. (John 1:1-5).
• We believe that Jesus is the Son of God and the one-and-only savior of sinners
(Jesus), (John 3:16).
• We believe that the Bible is the final authority on faith and life—that it is a
magnificent and unique document, truly inspired by God through human writers,
and is without error in the original manuscripts (2 Timothy 3:16-17).
• We believe that the Bible has answers for today's problems—that every man,
woman, or child will benefit by getting to know Christ (Hebrews 13:8).
• We believe that good works are a natural result of an authentic saving faith (2
Corinthians 9:8, James 2:26). Thus being a Christian leads one to be a blessing
to society (Mark 12:31), to influence it (Matthew 5:13-16), to be enthusiastic
(Romans 12:11), and to bring others the good news of the gospel (Matthew
We believe that the Christian faith is not mere blind faith but faith in evidence (Acts 1:3; Acts 17:17), which should be explained lovingly to others (1 Peter 3:15).